(1) Definition of Social Media
Any electronic communications or online platform such as a Web application, site, or account created and maintained by Chestermere Public Library which includes the capacity for public sharing, commentary, discussion, contribution and social networking.
(2) The Library will configure social media settings to best meet the following objectives.
(3) In facilitating social media, The Chestermere Public Library and its board and staff are subject to the Libraries Act and Regulation R.S.A. 2000 Chap. L-11 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), and uphold the Canadian Federation of Library Associations’ (CFLA) Statement on Intellectual Freedom and Libraries. While the library upholds intellectual freedom, the Library’s social media will not be utilized to endorse or disseminate political, social, or individual perspectives.
(4) Parental responsibility for minors is assumed for any social media use related to the Chestermere Public Library.
(5) The Library reserves the right to delete, remove, or not accept, any user submitted content that the Library believes, in its discretion, is objectionable or that:
(6) In alignment with the Library’s Code of Conduct, the Library reserves the right to ban or block individuals from social media posting or access where there is repeated posting of objectionable content or where the social media interface and functionality makes blocking the effective way of dealing with objectionable posts.
(7) The Library does not accept any responsibility for any content appearing on its online and social media channels that does not originate from staff members, City of Chestermere Library Board members, or authorized external contributors.
(8) Only staff members authorized by the Executive Director may post to Library social media channels. The City of Chestermere Library Board may post via instruction to the Executive Director.
(9) Any post to social media representing the Library will be made from a Library account. No staff or City of Chestermere Library Board member will claim to represent the Library when posting from a personal account.
(10) Postings, comments and all online content posted by staff members to Library social media accounts shall reflect the mission, vision and values of the Library.